Chamomile cashew cheesecake with lavender fudge
¼ cup almonds
½ cup cashews
2-4 medjool dates
1tbsp dried white mulberries
pinch of salt
1 cup cashews – soaked in water for at least 8 hours, rinse well before use (makes about 1 ¼ cup of soaked cashews)
4 tbsp. strong chamomile tea
¼ cup + 2 tablespoons of melted cacao butter
1 tbsp. coconut nectar
1 tbsp. of soaked mulberries
1 vanilla bean scraped
4 medjool dates
3 drops of food grade lemon oil
Juice from dragon fruit, until you get the desired colour, we used about 2 teaspoons
Optional rose petals, and fresh or freeze dried strawberries
1/3cup + 1tbsp. melted cacao butter
1/3 cup powdered cashews
4 tbsp. coconut nectar
pinch of salt
2 – 3 drops food grade lavender oil
This recipe will give you extra fudge you do not need for this recipe, you need to make extra because the blades of a blender are not very good at making small amounts of mixture, this fudge keeps well in the freezer.
1. Process all nuts for the base until powdered, then add the dates and mulberries process until it forms a dough, press firmly into a small spring-form cake tin.
2. Melt all the cacao butter in a double boiler, making sure the temperature doesn’t reach above 45 degrees.
3. For the fudge, powder your cashews in either a food processor or a blender, you may need to stop and scrape the sides of the blender down.
4. Add the rest of the fudge ingredients to the blender and blend until smooth, pour into a lined tin to make a 2 cm thick fudge, place in freezer to set.
5. Once set cut up and place randomly on top of base. Remember you will not need all the fudge to go in this cheesecake, save it for another cake, or enjoy as fudge.
6. Place a sprinkle of edible rose petals and sliced strawberries on top of the fudge – if you would like to.
7. Blend all cheesecake ingredients in a high speed blender until smooth, pour on top of the base and place in freezer to set.
8. Once the cake is set wet the sides of the spring form tin with a hot towel to soften the edges, remove from the tin and garnish with flowers.
Enjoy with your favourite tea,